Walt Disney Home VideoEdit
1986-1995 (United Kingdom)Edit
Bumper: The 1986 Walt Disney Home Video logo is seen animating as normal, but as the logo is almost completed, it shifts down slightly as one of the texts below fades in above the logo before it shines.
FX/SFX: Same as the 1986 Walt Disney Home Video logo, except for a text below fading in above the logo.
Variants: Here are the texts for the known variants so far:
- ALSO AVAILABLE FROM
- COMING SOON FROM
- On some tapes, the bumper animates normally, but with a different voiceover.
- At the end of 1994 tapes, we see the already formed logo with the text above reading "LOOK OUT FOR FUTURE RELEASES FROM".
- A shorter variant exists, which skips Mickey and starts with the spark writing the Walt Disney signature.
- On early tapes such as Pinocchio, the words "COMING SOON FROM" in one line appears in red.
- Some early tapes such as Benji the Hunted have the text in a different font.
- On some tapes, like Cinderella and Basil the Great Mouse Detective, the Coming Soon variant has the background blue for the Sing-Along Songs trailer.
- Starting in 1994, the Walt Disney Home Video logo and the following text (which is slightly smaller) is tinted in red.
- Same as the 1986 Walt Disney Home Video logo, except there is John Sachs who says the text that appears and the words on the logo (e.g. "Also Available from Walt Disney Home Video", or "Coming Soon from Walt Disney Home Video"). The music is often high pitched.
- On some tapes a different announcer concludes "A world of magic, which can be yours to own for a lifetime, from Walt Disney Home Video".
- At the end of the tapes, John Sachs concludes "Look out for Future Releases from Walt Disney Home Video".
- On the short variant and sometimes the full variant, there is no voiceover.
Availability: Seen mostly on Disney tapes made from the era. The two variants, though, were seen on some UK Disney tapes made from the same era. This also appears on non-Disney tapes such as Sister Act.
Scare Factor: None to low. The announcer may be the same rate as the Disney Videos bumper, which is described below.
1992 (USA/Canada) Edit
Bumper: On a black background, we see the white text "NOW YOU CAN OWN THESE HIT TITLES..." fade in. A few seconds later, the 1991 Walt Disney Home Video logo fades in below the text, and shines.
FX/SFX: The fade in, the shining of the text.
Music/Sounds: The first eight notes of "Great Ovation" with Brian Cummings saying "Now you can own these hit titles, from Walt Disney Home Video.".
Availability: Seen on 1992 reprints of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, White Fang, The Rocketeer, and Return to Snowy River, and the '92 VHS reprint of Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken.
Scare Factor: None to low.
Bumper: Just the 1995 UK Disney Videos logo animating as normal.
FX/SFX: Same as the Disney Videos logo.
Music/Sounds: Same as the Disney Videos logo, but John Sachs is heard saying one of the following:
- Coming Soon from Disney Videos
- Also Available from Disney Videos
- Available Now on Disney Videos
- Watch out for Future Releases from Disney Videos
- Watch out for Future Releases. Coming soon, from Disney Videos. (Early 1995 only)
Availability: Seen only on UK Disney tapes distributed by the company from the era, starting with The Return of Jafar.
Scare Factor: None to low. The announcer may not sit well with you, but other than that, it's still okay. If you weren't expecting it, though, the scare factor could be higher.