This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.
If the file has been modified from its original state, some details may not fully reflect the modified file.
May 4, 2011
Well, there wasn't a whole lot of videos with this ident here on YouTube in HQ, so I decided to borrow a video which contained it in good quality (logo originally from Opening to Robin Hood 1,998 VHS, credit goes to thememorylanechannel, the original uploader), and reuploaded it here in HD!
This is the original variant of the 5th Walt Disney Studios VHS Feature Presentation ID (Flash of Doom)!
Here's some trivia about it....
- This logo first appeared on the VHS release of Tombstone (a Hollywood Pictures release) in late 1,994. Disney and it's other (then-current) film divisions/subsidiaries (the aforementioned Hollywood, Touchstone, Miramax, and Dimension) later started using this logo the following year along.
- Although the logo originally ended 1,999, it was still available on Dimension tapes up until 2,003/2,004.
- This Feature Presentation ID was based on the other Disney IDs at the time.
- Nicknames: "The Evil Flash", "The Flash of Doom", "Evil Feature Presentation", "The Worst Feature Presentation Ever" "WhooshBANG!", "The reason I don't buy Disney tapes from 1,994-2,000", "My Own Worst Nightmare", "Why Disney, WHY?!?!?!", "Another Personification of All That is Evil" "FLASH......AA AA......"
- This logo has a high scare factor (CLG Wiki Scare Factor rating: High to nightmare) because the flash and the somewhat scary music combined can catch you off guard and scare more than a few.
Thanks for watching, and please like and subscribe for more logos in HQ/HD like this one, and check out my fanmade remakes of other logos!
Walt Disney Studios Feature Presentation ID: Flash of Doom (1,994/1,995-1,999, 2,003/2,004)